In the whirlwind of planning your wedding, one of the most important choices on your schedule is hiring your photographer. When you think of all the beautiful wedding photographs you have loved the most over the years of family and friends, you realize that the best photographs are those captured by a photographer with a gift for their trade.
One special consideration you should make when hiring your photographer is choosing a local professional to capture your special day when you and your partner say your vows. You are asking this person to witness one of the most important events of your life, so it makes sense for you to want someone there who feels invested in your community, and to an extent as your wedding photographer, has an investment in you and your wedding party.
Why You Should Hire a Local Photographer for Your Wedding
There are many good reasons to hire a local photographer for your wedding, but one of the most important reasons is that you know you can rely on your wedding photographer on several counts, which include the following:
• Your Local Wedding Photographer Will Show Up On the Big Day. Most importantly and simply, you want to know that you can count on your photographer to show up on your big day. While someone from another area can make it to your wedding on time, you might rest easier knowing they live and work in the same town and know just where to come for your wedding.
• Your Local Photographer Can Make It to Special Events Related to Your Wedding. If you are having a dress rehearsal the night before the wedding, it is much easier for your wedding photographer to attend if they are local. Similarly, if you are having a breakfast celebration the morning after the wedding, your local photographer can come over after a good night’s sleep.
• Your Photographer Knows the local Arizona area and What Makes a Great Shot. If you want are having your wedding at a local park or botanical garden, the chances are better that a local photographer has taken photographs there or has at least visited to know the site’s best spots for beautiful photographs.
• You Don’t Have to Pay for Travel and Accommodation Expenses. You can spend more of your budget on the photography package instead of paying for gas mileage, airfare and accommodations when you hire a local wedding photographer.
• You Support Your Local Economy. It never hurts to support your local economy and your local artists. Hiring a local photographer in Arizona is a great way to give them added exposure for their business, and you know that they feel a commitment toward you and your shared community.
Choosing your wedding photographer carefully will give you peace of mind on your big day, knowing that you have entrusted someone special who will help you capture memories that you and your new spouse will share forever.
Here are some recommended photographers (and my close friends, if you aren’t located in AZ):
New Mexico Photographer for family photos: http://www.lizannephotography.net
San Jose Photographer for portraits: http://www.harrywhophotography.com
Las Vegas Wedding Catering by: http://www.worryfreecatering.com/wedding-caterers-las-vegas/